[AccessD] Global Variable

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Tue May 17 23:03:37 CDT 2005

Well I suppose that one reason to use Public variables sparingly is that you
encapsulate your code modules so they don't cross over to other modules, and
therefore are more re-useable. That is, A variable name defined in a lower
scope won't ever be called in another scope and you can easily pick up the
code and re-use it anywhere else it might be needed. Likewise the less
places you call and set a variable will make it easier to maintain your
application. This is not at all like saving user settings, as you'd be
placing them all in the same object (db, collection, file etc...) but the
method to access it would be handled via another module / function, and thus
you'd be calling it, not setting variables.

my 2 cents worth.

--
-Francisco
http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!