[AccessD] Front End Updater

Ervin Brindza viner at EUnet.yu
Fri May 20 00:29:05 CDT 2005

Arthur,
take look into my batch file. Your scenario is like mine, except I store the
version number in the file name, so I have a file, e.g. 1811.ver,  on the
server.
And the batch file is:

<batch>
@echo off
rem //Change these variables to match file paths and app version
set verfile=1811.ver
set appdir=MyApp\Path
set appfile=MyAppNameFE.mde
set access="c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Msaccess.exe"

rem //Check to see if current version is installed
if exist c:\%appdir%\%verfile% goto end

rem //Copy newest application version from server
rem //copy h:\%appdir%\%appfile% c:\%appdir% /y > nul
copy \\medelaserver\server_c\%appdir%\%appfile% c:\%appdir% /y > nul

rem //Delete older .ver files, and create a new one
if exist c:\%appdir%\*.ver del c:\%appdir%\*.ver
type nul > c:\%appdir%\%verfile%

:end

%access% c:\%appdir%\%appfile%

</batch>