[AccessD] Front End Updater

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Fri May 20 07:08:30 CDT 2005

Arthur,

Take a look at the FE Updater written by Tony Toews.  There are no batch
files and no version files.  Updates are completely automatic, and only
happen when needed.  Go to http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/autofe.htm.

What this updater does is copy the contents of a folder from the server to
the client's PC.  This folder contains all the files that need to be used by
the client.

All you do is put a new/replacement file into this folder on the server,
then the client will check the folder modification date.  If the date is
newer, then the contents of the folder on the server are copied to the
client.

This process fast, easy, and transparent.  I've used it for about 4 years
with no problems.

Dan Waters