[AccessD] Record count

Darsant Silverstring darsant at gmail.com
Wed May 25 14:01:51 CDT 2005

On 5/25/05, Hale, Jim <Jim.Hale at fleetpride.com> wrote:
> Thanks. I bet if I dimmed intCt as a long instead of an integer it would run
> faster too <evilgrin>
> Jim Hale

If you don't need the exact number for rowcount, "SELECT TOP 1
COUNT(*) AS ROWCOUNT FROM tblNewTransCodes;" would only have it fetch
the first record and maybe save you a little bit of wait time (I can
tell a nice difference of about 2+ seconds on our 300k record tables
using ADO.)

-Josh McFarlane

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein