[AccessD] How to separate data of one field

Bob Gajewski rbgajewski at adelphia.net
Sat May 28 10:33:31 CDT 2005

Kostas

Use the InStr function to separate the names by the comma (tmpName1,
tmpName2, etc - perhaps use an array?), then use it again on each name to
separate the first and last names by the space (tmpFirstName, tmpLastName).
Once separated, you can concatenate back with a comma (txtFullName =
tmpLastName & ", " & tmpFirstName). This only works if your names are
consistently in the original field as you described.

Regards,
Bob Gajewski