[AccessD] IMAllocate

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon May 30 15:01:01 CDT 2005

There is also this method, using Shell.Application, it allows creation
of folders
but you can't back up beyond the initial opened folder, I suppose useful
if you don't want some
investigating a shared folder. There are a boatload of other little uses
of this object.
like minimizing all open screens or opening a specific desktop control panel

'http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/objects/shell/browseforfolder.asp
'SHDOC401.DLL for IE5
 Function fnShellBrowseForFolderWindows()
        Dim objShell
        Dim ssfWINDOWS
        Dim objFolder

        ssfWINDOWS = 36
        Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
            Set objFolder = objShell.BrowseForFolder(0, "Example Select
Folder", 0, ssfWINDOWS)
                If (Not objFolder Is Nothing) Then
                    'Add code here.
                    Debug.Print objFolder.Title
                    Debug.Print
objFolder.ParentFolder.ParseName(objFolder.Title).Path
                End If
            Set objFolder = Nothing
        Set objShell = Nothing
    End Function

 'http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/objects/shell/browseforfolder.asp
'SHDOC401.DLL for IE5
'?fnShellBrowseForFolder("c:\access files")
 Function fnShellBrowseForFolder(strRootPath)
        Dim objShell
        Dim ssfWINDOWS
        Dim objFolder

        ssfWINDOWS = 36
        Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
            Set objFolder = objShell.BrowseForFolder(0, "Example Select
Folder", 0, strRootPath)
                If (Not objFolder Is Nothing) Then
                    'Add code here.
                    Debug.Print objFolder.Title
                    Debug.Print
objFolder.ParentFolder.ParseName(objFolder.Title).Path
                End If
            Set objFolder = Nothing
        Set objShell = Nothing
    End Function
Function fnShellFindFilesVB()
        Dim objShell

        Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
        objShell.FindFiles

        Set objShell = Nothing
    End Function
   Function fnShellOpenVB()
        Dim objShell

        Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
        objShell.Open ("C:\")

        Set objShell = Nothing
    End Function
    Function fnShellExploreJ()
     Dim objShell

        Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
        objShell.Explore ("C:\")

        Set objShell = Nothing
    End Function
 Function fnShellExploreVB()
        Dim objShell
        Dim ssfWINDOWS
        ssfWINDOWS = 36

        Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
        objShell.Explore (ssfWINDOWS)

        Set objShell = Nothing
    End Function

--