[AccessD] Design Question

Josh McFarlane darsant at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 23:38:14 CST 2005

Hey guys got a quick question about design.

I'm making a database for a non-profit service organization I'm
working for. There's going to be membership data per person, however,
at the same time the person may be a contact to an external
organization for part of their projects, or it may be some completely
unrelated person.

Here's my question:

Should I have only one table, called say People, or should I have two
seperate tables of data: Members and Contacts?

Option A would require intermediate tables linking anything to the
people table, but Option B would maintain duplicate data for members
that are also in external contact organizations.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
--
Josh McFarlane

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein