[AccessD] Recreating relational data in code with one-pass readthrough

Josh McFarlane darsant at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 09:01:59 CST 2005

Well, I'm faced with having to input data into a C++ program from one
of the Access databases. I've got our database library working, and
can run and return recordsets and pull data from them. However, my
problem is I can only have one recordset / query open at a time, and
so I come to a decision (I'm campaigning for them to get a new
database library, but at the moment we're stuck with the
single-recordset issues)

If I need to recreate objects using relationship data from various
tables, anyone have any resources on the best way to do this while
only passing through the data once?

I've got an idea on where to start but looking to see if anyone else
has faced the same issues.

--
Josh McFarlane

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein