[AccessD] ShellExecute to send short e-mail vianon-MSemailclients...

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Nov 4 16:00:22 CST 2005

On 4 Nov 2005 at 16:54, Shamil Salakhetdinov wrote:

> > Take a look at http://www.a1vbcode.com/snippet-270.asp
> Stuart,
>
> It would have been great but it(api_SendMail) didn't work with Outlook
> Express on my PC resulting in a message:
>
> Microsoft Office Outlook.
> =========================
> Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot
> fullfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set
> it as the default mail client.

OE definitely is MAPI compliant, but in your case MAPI seens to want send
to Outlook instead of OE.

It looks to me as though there is a problem with the configuration  OE on
your PC.  It is possible that when  you install Office, it sets Outlook as
the default MAPI client instead of OE.  If you then don't configure
Outlook, but continue to use OE, you run into problems.

> What is also bad news this message above comes somewhere out of MS
> Windows(MAPI32.dll probably) and can't be suppressed....
>
> Tested on another PC - the same result.
>
> On both PCs mailto protocol works just fine.
>
> When tested your sample, which forces to use Outlook(olk_SendMail) it
> resulted in an annoying message:

Try downloading MAPISend from http://www.lexacorp.com.pg, and tell me what
error it generates when you try to use it.

--
Stuart