[AccessD] Floor Plan Grid

Admin Sparky dba.email at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 05:58:51 CST 2005

William,
 Unfortunately I'm working on a similar problem, but from the other end of
the spectrum. It seems that you would like to view interactive graphics from
Access, however I took another approach. For my situation, I'm choosing to
utilize the graphics capabilities of AutoCAD, then couple that with
AutoCAD's database connectivity feature to get the updated data for any one
particular graphic.
 My project is similar in that I am working with an office layout and the
data relates to all the personnel and IT hardware and software information.
 Although I do not need this functionality at the moment, an educated
assumption would be that, from Access, one could automate AutoCAD to produce
a current "snapshot" as a ".DWF" (for lack of a better description it is
their light-weight web format) on-the-fly, then view that image in an
embedded browser control. Using their ".DWF" format, you are able to pan,
zoom, turn layers on/off, etc. right from the browser.
  Mark