[AccessD] R-base

Bob Geldart bgeldart at verizon.net
Sat Nov 12 09:49:17 CST 2005

Steve,

I worked with R:Base for DOS for a few years back in the mid-80s. My first
real experience with relational dbs. I loved it, and (I think) I built some
pretty good programs. Rewrote them in Access before Y2K. I loved R:Base.
Didn't really get into the later versions (v3, 5, 6) much, but R:Base for
DOS like QuickBasic--simple to read and follow but able to build fairly
complex dbs.

I don't think I can help you with your specific problem, as I haven't done
serious R:Base programming for 15 years or so. However, when I retired last
year, I took the full set of R:Base for DOS manuals. If you can use them
you're welcome to them as I no longer need them.

Bob