[AccessD] System Colors

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 14 06:33:24 CST 2005

...thanks Arthur, but I figured it out ...another "duh" moment :)

...I used CallByName to pull a module function that properly closes any open
forms first ...I need the treeview switchboard (tvsb) to work as a full
blown switchboard ...after futzing around with many different approaches
over the last couple of years, including both your's, Bryan's, and several
other treeview switchboard samples, I could never find one that did what "I"
wanted it to do ...most try to use the native MS switchboard table
structure, or mods thereof, and its inherent limitations ...and I finally
abandoned that and cobbled together some code and ideas that I' learned
along the way ...I'm using a table structure that gives me both function
calls and openargs as well as the image index in addition to the calls the
normal MS switchboard provides ...one of the things that I learned early on
is that a tvsb looks great but is inherently limited in its interaction with
forms and reports other than opening them ...the native sb has that
limitation as well but I know of no one trying to use it as I want to do
...I'm doing a port of a major legacy app for a client and I'm trying to
incorporate the tvsb as its core nav component ...one main form with all
other objects as subs or dialog calls ...not the easiest thing to code, at
least for me, but so far I've managed to beat anything that's raised it's
head.

...Bryan Carbonell wrote a great little treeview switchboard wizard that I'm
going to port to my table structure once I get the bugs in it worked out
...and when/if I get most of the bugs worked out I'll post a sample of the
front end for critique.

William