[AccessD] Design Question

Susan Harkins harkinsss at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 14 07:51:01 CST 2005

I'm with William on this one. I'd have just one table of people and use
another table to track their roles.

Susan H.

...as usual, I do it a bit differently ...master table for "entity" with an
ID, and type ...one to one child tables for orgs and persons using the
entity ID ...then build a many to one role table as child to the master in
which the entity can show in several different roles without denormalizing
the relationships or data ...then you can show the person's role in both
internal and external orgs ...hope that makes sense.