[AccessD] Counting group headers in a report (FAQ)

Susan Harkins harkinsss at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 15 09:33:55 CST 2005

I'm confused, you're counting group headers or the number of records in each
group?

Susan H.

A colleague asked me how to get a count of the group headers in report.
He has a query based report that has a single group header/footer and wants
just the summary report, so he makes the group header and detail sections
invisible (a neat trick to get a quick summary report that I'd never thought
of by the way.).  Now he just wants to count the group footers and put that
count into the report footer.

So I just popped an unbound textbox into the footer, named it grpcnt and set
its value to =1 and in the report footer I put another unbound textbox with
value =Sum([grpcnt]).  I am sure I've done this before!!!