[AccessD] Export To Excel - Formulas Possible?

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Thu Nov 17 18:48:36 CST 2005

Here is a quick and dirty function to add the total formula to a column. It
assumes you know the starting cell of the numbers to be summed (E5 in this
ex). It puts the formula in the first empty cell of the column. Hopefully it
will get you started. I wrote this inside Excel. You'll need to set the
Excel object to run it from inside Access
Jim Hale

Function test()
Dim rng As Range, i As Integer, strAddressBottom As String, strAddressTop As
String
Set rng = Range("e5")
strAddressTop = rng.Address
For i = 1 To 25 'assumes 25 is the max length of the column of numbers to be
added
    If rng.Offset(i, 0).Value = "" Then 'looks for the first blank cell in
the column
        strAddressBottom = rng.Offset(i - 1, 0).Cells.Address
        rng.Offset(i, 0).Formula = "=sum(" & strAddressTop & ":" &
strAddressBottom & ")"
        GoTo The_End
    End If
Next