[AccessD] Err object

Mon Nov 21 12:39:46 CST 2005

Hmm...

My test code calls a SUB from within the error handler. And that sub uses
"Exit Sub" and yet the Err object is not reset. Does any of your class
initialization code call "Clear"?

Otherwise, I'd have suggested what you are already doing - preserve the Err
data before doing anything else.

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of John Colby
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 1:09 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Err object

I know what it says, but I have tested this.  Apparently "within" also means
(includes) if you call a function from WITHIN and that function encounters
an Exit statement.

I have code that goes out and gets pointers to my framework class, then a
class within the framework class etc.

cFW.cErrHndlr.Err()

Before I get to the .Err the error object has been reset.  I have stepped
through the code and it was upon exiting one of the calls that the error was
reset and after that point the values were 0.  It may very well be a bug in
the way the err object is handled, but it IS happening and I have to code
around it.

I have built an error handler function that immediately initializes a clsErr
to store all the attributes of the error object and then calls the init of
that class.  The class simply copies the Err properties into variables in
the class header.

http://folding.stanford.edu/