[AccessD] error & structure: Please Help!!

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 23 19:43:16 CST 2005

You can force out Idle Users and also a similar method with a timer and
hidden form and a small field in a table
can be used to force everyone out with a 5 minute warning

Candace Tripp has an example mdb "Detect and Logoff Idle Users"
http://www.candace-tripp.com/pages/access_downloads.aspx

HOW TO: Detect User Idle Time or Inactivity in Access 2000
   http://support.microsoft.com/?id=210297

use Const IDLEMINUTES = 20 (instead of the 1 minute setting shown in the
Knowledge Base article),
and  do not display a message box as shown in the  article, since
message boxes are modal and this would defeat any attempt to close:

Sub IdleTimeDetected(sngExpiredMinutes)
   'Dim strMessage As String
   'strMessage = "No user activity detected in the last" & vbCrLf
   'strMessage = strMessage & sngExpiredMinutes & " minute(s)!"
   'MsgBox strMessage, vbInformation, "No Sign of Activity!"
   Application.Quit acSaveYes
End Sub