[AccessD] OT: Sum in MySQL

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Nov 24 11:13:58 CST 2005

Hi Paul

None of those work for me.

Several admin tools are available. I use "MySQL Control Center" by "MySQL & Jorge del Conde". Should be a free download.

/gustav

>>> paul.hartland at isharp.co.uk 24-11-2005 16:07 >>>
Not sure about MYSQL, but off the top of my head I think I would use
something like the following in SQL Server

SELECT SUM(CAST([FieldInteger] AS Float)) FROM tblTable

Or possibly

SELECT SUM(CONVERT(Float, [FieldInteger])) FROM tblTable

If it works, let me know as I want to start getting into MYSQL....In fact if
anyone knows if and where a good front-end for MYSQL exists (hopefully
similar to Enterprise Manager) then could you let me know.

Paul Hartland