[AccessD] Converting Access97 to 2000 to XP

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 15:04:53 CST 2005

Hi Tony,

I don't think there are any stop the presses differences. I'd guess he
is having issues with references for DAO.  Does the application do
anything with recordsets in code??  The references for DAO need to be
put above the ones for ADO or the recordset references need be
explicitly made for DAO or anything with recordsets will not work.

I have users using the same databases without conversion on Access
2000, Acess XP and Access 2003. In fact on my work system where I have
Access 2000 I develop applications that the A2003 users use without
issues.

Check for missing references first.

GK