[AccessD] WAY OT:Excel Formatting Q

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Mon Nov 28 16:59:20 CST 2005

Under format select conditional formatting. The wizard will show you how to
do what you want to whatever cells you have highlighted.
Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren DICK [mailto:tripledee at bigpond.com]
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 3:50 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] WAY OT:Excel Formatting Q

Hi all
I apologise for the OT
So feel free to respond to my personal email if you wish

I am setting up an excel document that has a column that records
pass/fail/not tested - Only 1 of 3 possibilities
What I want is the default to be "Not tested" and the backcolour of that
cell to be say...orange
The...
If a user types F or Fail or fail I want the backcolour to go red
If a user types P or Pass or pass I want the backcolour to go green

In access I would write a function something like this

F_SetBackColour(strControlName as string, strControlValue as string)

	select case strControlValue

	Case "F" or "fail" or "fail"
		Forms!someForm(strControlName).backcolor = 255
	Case "P" or "Pass" or "pass"
		Forms!someForm(strControlName).backcolor = vbGreen
	Case Else
		Forms!someForm(strControlName).backcolor = vbOrange
	end select
End function

And in the after update of each relevant control I would have something like

Private sub SomeControl_AfterUpdate()

F_SetBackColour(me.currentControl, me.currentControl.value)

End sub

To achieve this in Excel what would I have to do?

Many thanks in advance

Darren