[AccessD] Virtual PC

lyle.hannum at co.wake.nc.us lyle.hannum at co.wake.nc.us
Wed Nov 30 15:02:42 CST 2005

Hi

Here at my office several people are running VPC with VS2005 and SQL 2005
(ent. ed. for both) with no problems. They say it is slow to load, but then
all is well. I will have to ask on the firewall question.

A related question if I may...have you looked into Virtual Server 2005? No
one here seems to be able to run the admin set up page (hence the use of
VPC). I believe a ticket is open at MS with no resolution to date. This is
on Win 2003/IIS6, Dual core Intel CPU, 1GB ram.

Lyle Hannum MCP
Wake County IS

                      "John Colby"
                      <jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.        To:       "'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'"
                      com>                              <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>, "Tech - Database Advisors Inc."
                      Sent by:                          <Dba-Tech at databaseadvisors.com>
                      accessd-bounces at databasea        cc:
                      dvisors.com                      Subject:  [AccessD] Virtual PC

                      11/30/2005 11:21 AM
                      Please respond to Access
                      Developers discussion and
                      problem solving

Is anyone using Virtual PC?  I am starting to set it up, using an external
Drive on a USB, and I am wondering whether I need to bother putting a
firewall on it.  The virtual PC instances will be used for development in
the new Visual Studio 2005 / SQL Server 2005.  It seems like rather a large
computing load to impose on a virtual machine, although if there is little
traffic to the internet perhaps not.

Thoughts?

http://folding.stanford.edu/