[AccessD] Database Corruption

Curtis, Andrew (WAPL) Andrew.Curtis at wapl.com.au
Wed Nov 30 23:45:30 CST 2005

We have had some problems when the filepath from the server perspective
is longer than 255 characters for the BE.

I.E you may access the BE via a share name (\\server\sharename\BE.mdb),
however  the REAL file path on the server may be something like
S:\databases for public use\department one\..\..\..\BE.MDB
When the BE.mdb path may actually be longer than 255 characters

Also check Microsoft for file locking issue with Windows XP non SP
workstations on Windows 2003 servers. You have said that this has only
been a problem since the SAN move, is the new SAN hosts 2003? And the
old server host was 2000?
If this is the case, file locking by the CLIENT is likely.

--andrew