[AccessD] DAO field - Description

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Oct 3 14:00:08 CDT 2005

When you look at a table in design view, each field has a field name, a data
type, and a description.  I have iterated through the field properties of a
field in a table, and the various properties I can see are:

Value;Attributes;CollatingOrder;Type;Name;OrdinalPosition;Size;SourceField;S
ourceTable;ValidateOnSet;DataUpdatable;ForeignName;DefaultValue;ValidationRu
le;ValidationText;Required;AllowZeroLength;FieldSize;OriginalValue;VisibleVa
lue;ColumnWidth;ColumnOrder;ColumnHidden;

I am not finding the DESCRIPTION which I REALLY need to extract for building
a document.

Does anyone know how I get at the DESCRIPTION property of a field in a
table?

http://folding.stanford.edu/