[AccessD] Automatically expanding source data parameter

tewald at comcast.net tewald at comcast.net
Tue Oct 11 09:09:33 CDT 2005

Whether this will require VBA, or I'm just about to reveal (more of) my ignorance with regard to MSFT's built-in chart abilities, I don't know.
Once a week I update data in several spreadsheets.Certain totals (the same in each case) are copied from each of the sheets to one sheet comprised of totals only. The data from each sheet has 3 charts based on that sheet's data. The charts are all time-oriented in that past data remains, while a new column is added to the individual totals tables and is to be included in that table's chart. Each of the initial sheets has a counterpart chart sheet containing 3 charts. I go to each of the 3 charts in each of the chart sheets, and expand the Source Data parameter.
Here are examples of the Source Data from one of the chart sheets for today's data:
='Scorecard Data'!$A$2:$O$7
='Scorecard Data'!$A$2:$O$3,'Scorecard Data'!$A$5:$O$5,'Scorecard Data'!$A$12:$O$14
='Scorecard Data'!$A$2:$O$2,'Scorecard Data'!$A$4:$O$4,'Scorecard Data'!$A$9:$O$11
I had to go to each of these and change the "N" to an "O", as you see above. This is no big deal, but I have several sheets similar to this one. You will note that the data contained in the last two lines are not contiguous, which adds to the confusion. I would think naming a range, and then simply redefining the range programmatically, would be a reasonable idea, except for that lack of contiguity.
Is there a way to update each of these 3 parameters on several chart sheets automatically?
TIA,
Tom Ewald