[AccessD] OT: Firewall

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Sun Oct 9 17:01:13 CDT 2005

I use Sygate personal on all of my machines.  Works fine, lasts a long time,
with proper maintenance.

http://folding.stanford.edu/

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Rocky Smolin -
Beach Access Software
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 11:07 AM
To: AccessD at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] OT: Firewall

I\'m having a huge problem getting Zone Alarm on one of our computers   I've
used it for years with no problem, upgraded this one box from Version 3 to
the latest, it blocks internet access and give a page full of instructions
on how to solve the problem - none of which work.

Uninstalled, reinstalled,  cleaned registry per their instructions, renamed
the internet log, blah, blah.

At the moment the machine is behind the router firewall (like all of them)
so I don't know if I should be too concerned but I've always run a firewall
on each machine in addition to the hardware firewall in the Linksys.

I'm not wedded to Zone Alarm and I'm looking at Sygate's product ( another
free one : http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm) .  Anyone know
about this?  Any other recommendations for a personal firewall?

Thanks and regards,

Rocky