[AccessD] OT: Firewall

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Thu Oct 13 07:07:19 CDT 2005

I might as well jump into this foray. Setting up a dedicated firewall is
almost brain-dead simple. Take any old box you have available, plonk Linux
onto it with the firewall activation set YES, configure the firewall for
special things (such as redirecting SQL requests to this box and FTP
requests to that box), and you're done. You don't have to upgrade anything
unless you want to. The best thing about this scenario is that you finally
discover a use for that 486 you've been using as a doorstop all these years.

A.