[AccessD] Form not refreshing--sometimes

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Thu Oct 13 08:35:05 CDT 2005

Actually, Mark, this sounds exactly like what I am trying to do...to a
tee...are we working on the same thing? ;)

My subform control is not set like yours though. Mine is visible and
has a SourceObject, but it is not a white box usually. I think what I am
going to do now is start from scratch...maybe I goofed up something in
the making. I am just getting to the program 2 hrs into my day, because
I came in to find our main server down...it actually wasn't down, but
its NIC was not working...and then we had a firedrill, and then I took
some calls from the fallout.

I really appreciate the input you've given...thanks!

John W Clark

>>> markamatte at hotmail.com 10/12/2005 3:18:31 PM >>>
John,

I might not be understanding your situation...but here is a more
detailed
description of what I used:

I have MainForm (no record source)...on this form I have my text boxes
used
to enter criteria(also unbound)...on the MainForm I have a
subform(SubformResults) that is used to display my results.  The
SourceObject of SubformResults is null and the
SubformResults.Visible=false.(if not at this point the subform would
just be
a white box)...after criteria is entered and I am ready to view the
results...I push a button for the following things to happen via VBA:
**********
Forms!MainForm![SubformResults].Visible = True
Me![SubformResults].SourceObject = "sfrmResults"
**********
This refreshes the results of my subform...and if I change my
criteria...and
push the button again...the same code fires...
Forms!frmChooserecord![SubformResults].Visible = True
Me![SubformResults].SourceObject = "sfrmResults"
...and again the results are update.  I'm not doing anything else to
the
form or subform.

Hope this Helps...and by the way...this is in A97.

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte