[AccessD] Terminal Server - mdb locked by Administrator

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Fri Oct 14 12:44:38 CDT 2005

If no one else is in, and there is no LDB file, if the Administrator logs
in, is an LDB created?  If so, then the Administrator user IS opening a link
to the data container somehow.  Jet doesn't know anything about anything.
Jet is asked to open connections to data and does so.

http://folding.stanford.edu/

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Jennifer Gross
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 1:21 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Terminal Server - mdb locked by Administrator

Thanks for this John.  The weird thing about it is that the Administrator
has no open connection to the data file whatsoever.  There is nothing that
he is running that is connecting to the data file at all.  I don't know
which user created the .ldb and seems to have left it an orphan, but I can't
delete it until the Administrator is logged off.

Strange.

Jennifer