[AccessD] Re-Invent The Wheel??

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Oct 15 05:52:32 CDT 2005

On 15 Oct 2005 at 12:03, Gustav Brock wrote:
> Go to Seth's site:
>
> http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~sgsax/download/file_io.txt

> Hello, All
>  Does anyone have some text exporting code that I can use.. I need to
> come up with a system that will pull data from multiple tables, format
> the data, name fields and export said data out in a very specific fixed
> width txt file.

The only thing to change in Seth's code is how to build the output string
since you need fixed width.

The way I build fixed width strings for output is something like this:

Function Pad(TextString,StringLength) a String
'outputs a fixed length string
'pads short strings with spaces and truncates long strings
Pad = Left$(TextString & Space$(StringLength),StringLength)
End Function

strOutput = Space$(intTotalStringLength)
'Insert a Text field
Mid$(strOutput,1) = Pad(!Field1,10)
'Insert a Numeric field
Mid$(strOuput,11) = Pad(Trim$(Str(!Field2)),10)

Stuart