[AccessD] Application.CurrentProject misbehaving

Borge Hansen pcs at azizaz.com
Mon Oct 17 09:55:00 CDT 2005

Running Windows XP SP1
Access (OfficeXP SP3)  (Coexists with Access97)
Jet4 SP8

Cannot establish any ADO connection ..... Access (or whatever is in control
here) does not recognize the CurrentProject.....

The following codebit from Getz' Access2002 CH3.MDB keeps crashing on the
line starting rst.Open "Select....
*******************
Public Function Load() As Boolean
    Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset

    On Error GoTo HandleErrors

    Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset
'Crashes on the following line
    rst.Open "Select * from tblCats WHERE ID = " & Me.ID,
Application.CurrentProject.Connection
    With rst
        If Not .EOF Then
            mstrName = !Name
            mdatBirthdate = !Birthdate
            mstrSex = !Sex
            mstrBreed = !Breed
            mstrColor = !Color
            mfNeutered = !Neutered
            mlngID = !ID
        End If
    End With
    Load = True

ExitHere:
    If Not rst Is Nothing Then rst.Close
    Set rst = Nothing
    Exit Function

HandleErrors:
    Load = False
    MsgBox "Error Here: " & Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description
    Resume ExitHere
End Function

Note: The code as is crashes Access because of the poor error handling,

****************

I have repaired, re-installed, removed and installed from scratch OfficeXP
Professional - no improvement...

Runnig the same code on another machine with Access2003 installed (and no
other Office version) with no problem....

What does it take to run it on the other machine with AccessXP installed???

As I said, I've repaired, re-installed, then removed all of OfficeXP and
installed from scratch....
Funny enough, after that it still says SP3 on the About Screen......

All references when loading CH3.mdb are ticked....

I am at the end of the rope....

HELP!

/borge