[AccessD] Application.CurrentProject misbehaving

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 17 14:59:25 CDT 2005

Excellent work Borge.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Borge Hansen
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 10:18 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Application.CurrentProject misbehaving

----- Original Message -----
> Cannot establish any ADO connection ..... Access (or whatever is in
control
> here) does not recognize the CurrentProject.....

Problem SOLVED
The cause was one or more corrupt or damaged files of the Microsoft Data
Access Components.....
And you can re-install Access over and over again and it will not help you
one bit....

Only persistence, persistence; some googling and too many hours later:

When highlighting CurrentProject in the VBA code and clicking F1 for help I
would get the following message:
"msohelp.exe - Entry Point Not Found         -    The procedure entry point
GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL"

googling helped me find that perhaps I was dealing with some corrupt files
forming part of the MDAC package (Microsoft Data Access Components)....

At least two Microsoft KB articles deals with this message about the
procedure entry point....
For example KB842014 :
----------------
The procedure entry point_GetIUMS at 4 could not be located in the dynamic link
library MSDART.DLL

CAUSE
This behavior may occur when all the following conditions are true: This
behavior may occur when all of the following conditions are true:
.Microsoft Windows XP has been reinstalled back to its original (released)
version.
.The Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) components are damaged.
.The Msdart.dll file is damaged.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, download and install Microsoft Data Access
Components (MDAC) 2.8 or later.

I had by then downloaded the MDAC Component Checker to see what kind of
beast was installed on the system (I had MDAC 2.7 SP1 with two mismatched
files) -

Link for the download for the Component Checker:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8F0A8DF6-4A21-4B43-
BF53-14332EF092C9&displayLang=en

Decided to download and install the MDAC 2.8 RTM

Problem solved!

/borge