[AccessD] OT Colby's Framework

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Thu Oct 20 09:10:46 CDT 2005

LOL, Borg, I am impressed!  I must admit that I haven't had anyone EVER
contact me about this stuff, which is one reason that I don't spend a lot of
time on the demo stuff after I write it.  One quick question, did you work
through all the articles or are you jumping in at the end?  I don't care, if
you know what you are doing and are jumping in that is cool, I'm just
curious.  If you worked through all the articles and the example code then I
am absolutely floored at your persistence.  This stuff is not necessarily
easy.

As for your problem, the framework is looking for a sysvar called
"EnblPtrStack", which should be true or false.  I use SysVars to turn on/off
functionality in my framework, and this code is telling the cIS class to
either use the class logging mechanism or do not use it.  The class logging
mechanism is a class which tracks the names of the classes as they are
instantiated, so that you can get a listing in instantiation order of all
the class instances currently loaded.

I also have to say that "it is not failing here".  I just opened the zip
file, unzipped it and relinked FE to BE, and it runs perfectly, at least
until you try and close the database, whereupon the module in the
usysFrmFWCleanup in the framework throws a runtime error.  There is a me.
Code fragment in the form_Close.  Sigh.  I have fixed that and will upload
the zip to my site.

So what happens with the crash?  Is SV() not returning a value (returning a
null) which the cIS.EnblPtrStack cannot accept?  IIRC, I return a null if
the SysVar doesn't exist, which would indicate that the sysvar was not
loaded from the SysVar table.  Can you step into SV("EnblPtrStack"), and in
the debug window ask for the count of the SysVar collection?  Are there ANY
sysvars in the SysVar collection?

http://folding.stanford.edu/