[AccessD] Quarter hour increments

Fri Oct 21 12:41:29 CDT 2005

Well you could have them enter the hours in a textbox and the quarters via a
combox. The combo would just have a simple value list (0;0.25;0.5;0.75) as
its data source and be limited to the list. Saves a whole lot of code in
validating what they entered as a decimal number. For that matter you could
have the hours in a combo as well.

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Gina Hoopes
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 11:55 AM
To: AccessD at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Quarter hour increments

Hi all. I've got a database that lets people enter the amount of time they
spent on a particular project. To make it easier on those of us who have to
work with the data after they've entered it, we'd like to restrict them to
quarter hour increments. So, they could enter 1.25 or .5 or 3.75 or 5 but
never 1.08 or 2.66. Can I restrict their entries in that way?

Thanks!
Gina