[AccessD] Office 2003 Service pack 2

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 03:46:09 CDT 2005

Well the article's inevitably short on detail but if Amado won the case
because, as he claimed, MS actually used his code, rather than develop their
own link, then I'd say he's right, MS are dead wrong, and he got blazingly
lucky. Office users are of course the losers, but the complaint should be
directed at MS for doing such an insane thing. Why haven't they used the
years that this case must have been pending for to develop a new link? Was
there anything stopping them?

If on the other hand he manged to patent the entire concept of the link then
that's crazy. But I rather doubt that that's the case.

--
Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk