[AccessD] A2003: Random order

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 10:46:50 CDT 2005

Dan,

Well, this is more like a profile. It's derived from the book "How to Be
Organized in Spite of Yourself." The authors, Schlenger and Roesch, identify
5 time-management "styles" and 5 space-management "styles." For example, the
time-management styles they've identified are Hopper, Perfectionist Plus,
Allergic to Detail, Fence Sitter, and Cliff Hanger.

There's a chapter in their book on each time and space management style.
Each chapter has a 10-question quiz to determine how many or how few of the
specific attributes of that particular "style" one has. Back when I first
bought the book I typed in all 100 questions into WordPerfect and then mixed
them up before I gave the whole quiz to my co-workers. It was fun and
everybody enjoyed this bit of "profiling."

The quizzes in the book chapters are pretty easy to figure out as far as
what traits are being identified. Since the questions themselves don't
change, I thought that mixing them up to remove any cues for how to answer
them would make the results a little "cleaner."

Anyway, thanks for your input.

--
Regards,

Steve Erbach