[AccessD] New Withevents demo - Bows in the general direction of Russia...

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Mon Oct 31 06:51:14 CST 2005

Correct you are Sir.  RaiseEvent does not work in Access97.  It does not
cause a compile or runtime error however so you can just leave it in there
and not use that functionality.

http://folding.stanford.edu/

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of DWUTKA at marlow.com
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 4:36 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] New Withevents demo - Bows in the general direction
of Russia...

Just a small note to those on the list still using Access 97.  WithEvents
will work within Access 97, however, you cannot use RaiseEvent from within a
custom class in Access 97.  It is available in Access 2000 (and up), and in
VB 6 (not sure what version of VB RaiseEvent was added).  It is a reserved
word in A97, but unfortunately does nothing.

Personally, I still love Access 97.  I use it exclusively when I just need a
database (but not a GUI).  If I need a Access based GUI, I tend to go with
2000 or up, simply for the reason of getting custom events within my
classes.

Drew