[AccessD] DBF & Access: "external table is not in the expected format"

Christopher Hawkins clh at christopherhawkins.com
Fri Sep 9 14:08:22 CDT 2005

All,

This is driving me nuts.  A client needs me to be able to link to their .dbf data file from Access.  Every time I try to link or import, I get the error message:

"external table is not in the expected format"

I've tried searching Microsoft's site and have come up with little so far.  I'vetried linking and connecting with DBASE5, III and IV.  I'm not sure what else to try.  Has anyone else seen this problem before?

-C-