[AccessD] Access 97 Migration to SQL

Jeremy Toves itsame2000 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 24 20:23:32 CDT 2005

I am migrating an Access 97 backend to a SQL server database.  The previous Access table design included spaces in the field names.  I can view the table in a pass through query, but can't view it with an ODBC link.  If I change the fields names from spaces to underscores, the ODBC link can view the SQL tables.  Has anybody experienced the following problem?  Do you know where I can find some white papers on this issue?

Upgrading the Access version is not an option.  A quick turn around is required, so I've been asked to find a solution other than changing from spaces to underscores if possible.  Ideas?

Thanks,
Jeremy