[AccessD] Martin and John write a book

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Sep 1 10:34:16 CDT 2005

Hi Martin and John

Well, I've received much help from the list through the years, so could
we consider this as payback time?

"I give John Colby and Martin Reid permission to use my emails to the
AccessD list in a printed book with a royalty split as described
below".

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 01-09-2005 16:17 >>>
Folks,

Martin Reid and I are writing a book for Apress which will be primarily
"real questions with real answers" format, based on questions and
solutions
found in the wisdom of this list.  We will be donating 50% of the
royalties
to Database Advisors, the company that hosts AccessD and the other
"accessd"
lists.  Martin and I will split the remaining 50% of the royalties.

Due to the convolutions of copyrights, we need permission to use code
/
solutions in the book.  We have not finalized the method used but we
will be
acknowledging the person providing the mentioned solution / code.  We
will
at the least have a section of the book with something like "the
following
people provided solutions to questions and problems found in this
book...".
I am not sure it is possible to give credits embedded in each question
/
solution, I think it would just get too big and detract from the
content.

At any rate, we need permissions from anyone who is willing to allow
their
solutions to appear in the book.  Please send an email to
AccessDBook at ColbyConsulting.com with a subject line of "Permission" and
sentence stating that "I give John Colby and Martin Reid permission to
use
my emails to the AccessD list in a printed book" or something similar.

Thanks,