[AccessD] Autonumber Assigned Immediately

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Sep 8 20:49:29 CDT 2005

Ahhh, I do so love this debate.

http://folding.stanford.edu/

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of David Mcafee
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:58 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Autonumber Assigned Immediately

You shuld see the ERP system I am working with
Lambert...ugh...

Natural keys, 3 to 5 PKs per table. table joins
require three to five joins. THis would have been
simplified with one autonumber PK.

Header tables are stored with detail tables (child)
totals. I would never think of selling a system like
this, I don't know how companies can put out dtuff
like this.

David

=== message truncated ===