[AccessD] Autonumber Assigned Immediately

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 9 08:12:01 CDT 2005

JC, I won't call them silly... That could get me hurt. Besides, it's kind of
like religion -- can't trash people on their choice of pk God. :)

But I agree on the rest. I've always used AutoNumbers. I've only written
about using natural -- never experienced it myself -- kind of like camping.
I know other people do it...

Susan H.

Thank you Lambert.  I have used autonumbers for EVERY SINGLE PK in EVERY
SINGLE database I have ever designed (and that is a LOT of databases) and
have NEVER, even ONCE had to modify my PK, chase down FKs, add new fields to
my PK/FK etc.  EVER, even ONCE.  How many users of natural keys can say
that?  There is no debate, just silly people who do silly things.