[AccessD] Martin and John write a book

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Sep 9 11:19:21 CDT 2005

If I weren't the author seeking permission (and since no one else is saying
it) I would say...

The whole point of this list is real developers building real systems,
asking for help solving real problems, where the answers are immediately
going to be taken and used in real (commercial) products.  So by answering a
question on this list you are giving implied consent to use the answer in
commercial systems.

Hmmm.... I guess I just said it.

Martin and I are asking permission simply to avoid having the book tied up
in useless copyright infringement lawsuits, and we really will only publish
material where the "creator" gives us permission to do so.

http://folding.stanford.edu/