[AccessD] Child records entered before parent

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Fri Sep 9 11:53:20 CDT 2005

Um, John?  In bound forms, moving from the parent form to the subform
saves the parent record.  If there's no parent ID, it sounds like you
have a bigger problem.  I generally disable the child subform until the
parent form is complete.  Of course, you could also enforce referential
integrity between the two tables, which wouldn't allow you to save the
child record anyhow without a parent.  I know you know about all that,
so are you doing something exotic that you didn't explain?

Charlotte Foust