[AccessD] Hyperlink in Access

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 13 13:10:03 CDT 2005

I cheat, even on systems where I have only Access 2003, I reuse the old
97 help files.

I also have desktop shortcuts to the adosql.chm and XMLsdk.chm
ado260.chm etc.  help files.
Then when in access I just do a WinKey-M keystroke to get to the desktop.
This keystroke just miminizes all open windows.

The best bet for vba coding help is to retain the Access 97 help files
and access via a desktop shortcut.
You need all the .HLP, .AW, .CNT, .GID, and .FTG files from access97
that are installed in
Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office
Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared
Zip them up for later installs elsewhere into a new directory

 run a shortcut to ACMAIN80.HLP

There is a way to put this on your command menus in Access via a button

=Shell("C:\WINDOWS\winhlp32.exe C:\msoffice97\office\Acmain80.hlp", 1)

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.