[AccessD] OT: Friday entertainment

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Sep 20 11:10:15 CDT 2005

Hi John (and Ervin)

That's right!
A line describes the line above: how many of first digit, how many of
next different digit, etc.
To me, this would mean that the first line should be 0 ...

Re 1. It contains an error as it was localized. That's a hint.
In English the values are:
 - Jan is 55
 - Apr is 35
 - Oct is 50
 - Nov is 55

However, it is possible to create a formula building the original
values from a mix of month values, quarter values and half-year values -
should you wonder.

Re 3. It is completely numeric, no funny tricks as in 1.

As a bonus for Susan, here's one you actually can sit down an calculate
on a piece of paper - or create a For/Next loop on the computer to do
the dirty work:

U, V, X, Y, and Z represent five different digits. Find these to
satisfy the formula:

UVXYZ * 4 = ZYXVU

/gustav

>>> John.Clark at niagaracounty.com 16-09-2005 19:20 >>>
2 = 13112221

correct? I think I did one similar to this years back. If so, it would
then be followed by 1113213211

John W. Clark

>>> Gustav at cactus.dk 9/16/2005 11:22 AM >>>
Hi all

Quiet Friday?
Forget about a relaxing weekend. These three tasks will keep you busy!

1. How much is September if:
 - Jan is 45
 - Apr is 35
 - Oct is 50
 - Nov is 55

2. What is the next number in this system:
  1
  11
  21
  1211
  111221
  312211

3. What is the next number in this series:
  10 11 12 13 14 20 22 31 ?

/gustav