[AccessD] A2003 to SQL:ADO

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 26 11:58:39 CDT 2005

I keep forgetting about this source of info on ADO for VBA code

You should get the MDAC SDK includes ADO help files ado260.chm
Available from downloads area at
http:\\www.microsoft.com/data
It maybe available on WinXP by default so check first.
Not sure if there are higher help versions for MDAC 2.8 or file uses the same name.

It installs to here, I then create a desktop shortcut

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Access SDK\Docs\ado260.chm

Open up tree menus ADOProgrammersReference-->ADO API reference
                               --> ADO Code Examples --> Visual Basic
Examples

Methods and Properties Code examples

AddNew Method Example
Append and CreateParameter Methods Example
AppendChunk and GetChunk Methods Example
BeginTrans, CommitTrans, and RollbackTrans Methods Example
Cancel Method Example
Clone Method Example
CompareBookmarks Method Example
ConvertToString Method Example
CopyRecord, CopyTo, and SaveToFile Methods Example
CreateRecordset Method Example
Delete Method Example
DeleteRecord and MoveRecord Methods Example
Execute, Requery, and Clear Methods Example
Find Method Example
GetRows Method Example
GetString Method Example
and so on....

or this help file, not as useful for vba unless working with SQL Sever
it comes from SQL BOL download

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Books Online\1033\adosql.chm

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.