[AccessD] The future of Access, .NET and SQL

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Tue Sep 27 14:22:25 CDT 2005

Undoubtedly we are getting older.

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: September 27, 2005 8:59 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] The future of Access, .NET and SQL

Hi Arthur:

Most of the work I have done for the last eight years has been with Access
and MS SQL or an Oracle BE. I think that is where most of the Access
developers have been migrating. It is a great presentation tool and it will
be a long while before its functionality is surpassed.

On the other Hand, everything is moving towards the web with the next
version of ADO.Net 2 being very much a RAD type program, standards like XML
becoming common and SQL databases everywhere and getting cheaper. Throw SQL
Reporter into the mix and maybe that is the future of development.

Maybe we are just getting old Arthur??

Jim