[AccessD] The future of Access, .NET and SQL

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 27 18:02:17 CDT 2005

Well Sharepoint or WSS sits on top of  SQL Server, you can send Access
2003 tables to WSS "lists"
directly via a bit of vba code and edit them via the web. If you see
Sharepoint Lists, think Access tables.
I still don't know how you do referential integrity or multi list
queries in WSS. On my todo lists.
The code is fairly simple to swap Access tables to WSS back and forth.
I think you can do this with lower forms of Access too.

The following example exports the contents of the Customers table to a
new list
named Customer List on the "http://example/WSSSite" Windows SharePoint
Services site.

DoCmd.TransferDatabase transfertype:=acExport, databasetype:="WSS", _
                       databasename:="http://example/WSSSite", _
                       objecttype:=acTable, Source:="Customers", _
                       Destination:="Customer List", structureonly:=False