[AccessD] The future of Access, .NET and SQL

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 28 09:48:58 CDT 2005

Now, Bill Gates has to keep (or try to keep) his shareholders happy.
This
translates into constantly changing software (and "new" technologies with
STEEP learning curves) that never end - just so Mr. Gates can sell more
software and generate more revenue and profits ...

=======Business is certainly part of it Alan -- has to be. MS is just like
any other business.

Beyond that -- things change. I think some expect technology to uncomplicate
our lives, and to get easier and easier. But realistically, technology is a
snowball -- it doesn't make things easier, it just grows -- and you grow
with it or you find some specialized niche. For years, my niche was writing
and applications development. The snowball's just gotten too big and I want
off. For every me that jumps off, dozens are jumping on.

Susan h.