[AccessD] The future of Access, .NET and SQL

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Wed Sep 28 13:21:02 CDT 2005

The other links were interesting, but particularly on point to this thread
is the last one: http://216.55.183.63/pdc2005/slides/OFF307_Covington.ppt,
entitled:

Developing Collaboration Solutions
With Access 12 And
Windows SharePoint Services "v3"

In particular, these points caught my attention:

*         Engine based on Jet code-base and installed with Office, 100%
backwards compatible with Jet

*         Connects to external data sources

*         Foundation for richer support of complex data

*         Multi-choice combo box (M-M joins)

*         Attachments

*         Append only

*         Read and write Excel "12" file formats

*         SharePoint ISAM enhancements

*         OM changes to DAO and ACE OLEDB provider (ADO)

And perhaps most notable for this community, this point from the Summary of
said PPT presentation:

*       Microsoft is committed to Access as a developer platform

In NO way am I saying that this is definitive. These are merely quotes from
the PPT presentation.

Arthur